Skip to main content

Beyond The Tales- Chapter 16


‘Excuse me miss, I need to get to the emergency room. Hello miss are you even listening?’
‘Sir, can you see that I am talking to someone you will have to wait for your turn,’
‘Wait? I cannot wait, do you hear me I need to get to the emergency room’ yelled Ryan with now everyone’s gaze at him.
‘Second floor to the right’
‘Thanks’ saying Ryan ran towards the stairs trying not think of any bad thoughts. 
‘I am looking for Emma. I got a call, there was an accident. Please tell me she is okay, please.’ by now Ryan was panting making it hard for words to come out of his mouth. 
‘Sir the doctors are in there with her, I will try getting one of them to come and update you on Miss Emma’s status.’
Ryan knew yelling wouldn't help so he went and sat down at the bench chanting ‘Please be okay, please be okay.’

‘Ryan? what are you doing here?’ when Ryan picked his head from his hand he saw Harman standing there. 
‘Not important, it’s Emma there was an accident and I don't know if she is okay.’
‘Ryan relax, last time when I got a call saying there was an accident she had broken her leg. She is a strong girl I am sure she is okay.’
‘Harman this is not the same, I was on the phone with her when this happened and it just didn't sound good. I just hope she is okay.’
‘Ryan you are freaking me out.What has happened?’
Till this time one of the doctor walked out of the operation theatre.
 ‘Emma’s family?’
‘We are’ echoed their voice together. 
‘Emma has some serious fractures in her ribs and she has lost blood but it is the internal bleeding that we are worried about, we are waiting for the scan results lets just hope there is no intracranial haemorrhage in simple terms brain bleed.’ the doctor’s words didn’t make sense to them because all they wanted him was to tell them she is okay.
‘It is better if you get in touch with the immediate family, we need to get some paper work done.’
‘I am her emergency contact, I will do it.’ said Harman and followed the doctor.

The pale walls and the faint smell of medicine added in making every passing minute feel like a decade. They both sat their with their eyes stuck to the door hoping that any minute the doctors would walk out an give them some good news. 
‘This is for you’ saying the nurse handed Emma’s belonging in a vacuum sealed bag to Harman. May be even she saw the desperation in their eyes and wanted to distract them for a while. When Harman looked at the bag two things caught his eyes a small box with Ryan’s name on it. He opened the bag to give the box to Ryan when from the bag fell Emma and Harman's picture. He remembered when the picture was taken,  it was one of the coldest night in Dublin when Emma had called him and asked him to come with her to have ice cream. As crazy as the idea sounded to Harman he never really could say no to her. After eating the ice-cream Emma had looked at him and said ‘This is one of the most happy moments’ she wanted to take a picture and capture it. She called it the happy picture and she always carried it with her. 
When Harman handed the box to Ryan he looked at it remembering the phone call, her ever so excited voice and how he had come all the way just to see her. He opened the box to find the watch and a note saying 
‘For you to remember all the great moments that we have had and will have together. PS I know I am too full off myself, stop making that face now.’ reading that brought a grin on his face and at that same moment tears started to roll down his eye. 
Harman who is trying not to make eye contact with Ryan as he himself is trying too hard not to cry says to him ‘Emma loves this super weird football team who in the 90 minutes of the match always ends up scoring in the addiction 3 minutes, every time that happens she will jump in front of the television and in her goofy voice say ‘This my friend only shows how you should never give up.’ so don't give up on her.’
After a long wait the doctor finally walked out, the look of exhaustion is visible on his face. ‘We managed to control all the bleeding, the scan result showed a bleeder in her brain so we surgically went in and controlled it. The next 48 hours are very crucial for her and we need to make sure she is stable.’
‘But she is okay right?’
‘We can’t say anything for certain at this minute.’
‘Can we see her?’
‘Sadly I can't allow you to see her right now, but we will keep you informed and if you need to know anything more I am here.’ saying that the doctor walked away leaving a stiffness in the air and lumps in their throat.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w