Skip to main content

Beyond The Tales - Chapter 17

 It is said that the ‘what if’ are the ones that always haunt you at the end of the day. It was no different with Ryan and Harman today while waiting outside the ER. “what if I had gone to pick her up?” “what if I had gone straight from the airport to her?” “what if I had told her that I am in love with her” Ryan was having a hard time blocking these ‘what if’ out of his head. It was nothing different with Harman all he could think of his last phone conversation with Emma and about all the things he could have told her. The whole night they sat outside the ER watching doctors go in and out of the room but no one had any answers for them. 
“I can’t take this anymore, I need to know what is going on” saying this Harman walked towards the doctor who came out of the room.
“How is Emma doing now doctor?” 
“There hasn't been any improvement in her condition yet sadly, but she is still stable which is a good sign. Her organs are responding well we are just waiting for her to attain consciousness.”
“Can we please see her?”
“Let me ask the other doctors about it, give me sometime”
They paced up and down the hall way waiting for the doctor to be back lucky for them it didn't take him too long. 
“Okay we can let you’ll see her, but not both at once. Decide who will go first and then the nurse will guide you through the rest of the process.”
“You go first.” said Ryan looking at Harman.
“No, I can’t you go ahead.”
The nurse took Ryan with her, he was asked to wash his hand and put anti-bacterial cream.
“I can’t let you be in for too long, it could be difficult seeing her like that but I want you to stay calm in there.” saying that she opened the door for Ryan.When Ryan entered the room he saw these huge machines and drips connected to Emma, every time the machine made a noice Ryan’s heart would start beating faster. Even with all those machines around her there was on ease at her face which was a little disturbing for Ryan.
“I am wearing that watch you got me, doesn't it look like a perfect fit as if it was made for me. When I first saw it I must say I was flattered to see that you managed to notice such small detail. You wanna know the time when I knew was in love with you? There have many moments that have lead me to it, but it was after that scuba diving lesson that we went for that sealed the deal. So here is the thing that you don't know about me I believe in lucky charms you know the basics mugs, jackets, keychains, pen. Yeah yeah I know it doesn't go with the image especially for someone who calls himself an atheist, but that day when we finished our lesson and I was sitting next to you on the boat I got the same feeling, that feeling that you get when you think you have found your lucky charm, how you feel everything is perfectly aligned for you and luck will always take your side no matter what. The truth is you made me realise that I don't need an in-animated object to make me feel that way and it was then I knew you are the one. Emma I won’t be able to tell you all this unless you get up, I promise this time I won’t hold back.” Ryan sees the nurse walking in and he know it is time for him to leave.It was Harman’s turn next, he washed his face before he went inside because all he could think was what if she gets up and looks at his face and realises that he was crying. 
“Hi, Emma it’s me. I know for one that when you get up the first thing you will look around this room and point out how depressing the interior is, but then again your fault next time try not ending up at such depressing place. Yes I am wearing the same old boring t-shirt, when you are all better we need to go shopping. When I was coming inside the nurse was giving me all these instructions and she told me how I am not allowed to hold you hands which got me thinking we have never been the holding hands kind, but when you are all better I would like to hold your hand more often and then we need to go watch a live basketball match together. Yes I know we both have no idea how the game is played, but I would still like to do that with you. The past few hours have made me realise that since I met you I had started to enjoy a lot more things than before and I know it is because I was doing them with you, but there are so many things that we haven't yet done and since you are the only goofy person in my life I pick you, I choose you for all the crazy times ahead. We will get through this together so get up.” Harman walked out of the dimly lit room and stood next to Ryan. They stood there for a while without saying anything when all of a sudden they heard the machine had started the beep inside as soon as that happened they saw the nurse rush in to Emma’s room followed by her voice which yelled 
“She is coding, I need a crash cart in here.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to