Skip to main content

Airport Romance - Chapter One

Airports are so weird, there are so many emotions running at one place with  everyone there for a reason be it good or bad.  I for one hate airports,I am currently at Barra Airport in Scotland one of the smallest and most beautiful airport I have seen, but it is airports like these that I love . You ask why? Just because no one here recognises me. No one here knows Richard Miller the guy who every one thought would be a one hit wonder, but after twenty feature films as a lead actor  I am still here. Loved by many, hated by few they say and I still don’t know the reason why. Now don’t get me wrong I am not one of those super famous star who wishes he had a normal life, god knows I have worked very hard to be where I am today and I wouldn’t trade it for anything not even the famous normal life that so many talk about. What I do enjoy sometimes is being looked at as this 6 feet tall guy with black hair and nothing else just a random face in the crowd. My flight has been delayed for a good three hours thanks to the weather and it doesn't affect me even for a bit because I am away from all the cameras, body guards, good cellphone reception. My iPod and my book are more than enough for me. 
The airport is fairly empty today, but with the size of the town it isn’t very surprising. I have been sitting here for a while undisturbed until I can say now. This time when I lift my head from the book I look at this girl looking in my direction. She is around 5 feet tall and has super long  black hair with brown highlights which she has pulled in a low pony, I haven’t seen someone ever wear so much colour at once be it her colour block bomber jacket, or those bright red sneakers that can be spotted across the room and still she looks beautiful. She isn’t wearing any jewellery either just a necklace which says Claire. I try to ignore her a few times, but she won’t  stop staring I don’t know if I am busted and she knows who I am or there is something on my face, this is getting annoying. 
“ Excuse me? Can I help you with something Claire?”
 “Claire? How do you? oh“ saying she looks at her necklace.
“That is my mom’s name, Hi I am Kimberly.”
“Hi Kimberly, I am sure you know that staring is considered rude.”
“I am so sorry, I wasn’t looking at you. Like you are very good looking and I could look at you, but I was just trying to figure out  which book you are reading. You got the name all covered with your hand there.”
As soon as she says that like an idiot I drop the book on the floor
“ I will get that for you it’s all my fault, but you see you can’t blame me. There are only like three people here reading a book, you see that old lady dressed in pink she is reading a knitting design book which is not something I am looking forward to read and then that girl sitting by the glass door with those massive headphones she is reading Missing girl, I have read that one already and then there was you.”
I can’t remember the last time I met someone so animated it is like she has no control over her expression they are all over the place,  did I tell you she is beautiful?
“I am reading Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feynman.”
“The master himself Richard Feynman that looks like an interesting read, any good?”
“You know about him?”
“Do I look like I live in a cave? Yes, I know about him.”
“Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way, I just started reading it I like it so far.”
“ I will take you up on that, let’s see if that book store has it. You want to come ?”
I could say no, more like I should say no . 
“Sure.” okay okay I caved in.

The book store has a decent collection looking at how small it is.
“They don’t have it, but do you mind helping me pick up something else to read.”
“Sure, what kind of books do you like to read?”
“How about you go around the store and pick out all the books you have read and I could decide. Only if it isn’t too much trouble.”
“I doubt we are leaving this airport anytime soon, so let’s do this.”
It took me a good twenty minutes till I managed to round up all the books, after looking for Kimberly I finally found her sitting on the floor reading a book.
“Hey, what have we got there?”
“It’s Ferdinand And The Bull, I used to love this book when I was little. Ever read it?”
“No not yet, so here are the books that you asked for, pick which ever you like and I will take that,  you never know Ferdinand and the bull could be my new favourite.”
She is going through the books one by one, I hope she doesn't think I am a show off seeming there are around thirty books in her hand right now. 
“Okay, these are amazing.” 
“So you have decided which one you want?”
“Yes, I am ready.”
I am actually very curious to see which one she picks out. 
“I will take them all.”saying that she gives the books to the cashier.
“All of them? If you need help deciding I could help.”
“No, I want them all, all these books that you have read are a part of your personality, the reason you picked them out today for me because they connected with you. I don’t want to pick one and undermine the greatness of the rest. I want them all.”
“ I don’t know what to say are you even allowed to carry them all?”
“Who is going to stop me? That ones on me” saying that she takes Ferdinand and The Bull book from my hand and gives it to the cashier.
We walk back to the seats and this time we sit next to each other.
“If you are wondering which one will I start with first then it is Seveneves.” saying that she pulled it to from the bag and starts reading. 

Have you ever met someone and out of no where you just look at them and feel like you there is a possibility you might fall in love with them, I think I just had that moment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w