Skip to main content

Airport Romance- Chapter two

Link to Chapter one http://rubinac.blogspot.in/2018/01/airport-romance-chapter-one.html


When you look at her there is nothing extra ordinary about her, but may be that is what makes her so beautiful. The fact that she doesn’t have to try so hard to look pretty blows my mind. She is just sitting there reading her book with so many expressions on her face I could look at her all day. We don’t even have to talk her presence, knowing that she is here is giving me an ease, I think I am loosing my mind. I just met her how can I fall in love with her. 
“Oh my freaking god, I can officially be crowned as the rudest person on planet earth.” saying that she is now in front of me.
“Are you okay?” 
“I haven’t asked your name yet?”
“You scared me there, Hi my name is Richard Miller.”
“Richard Miller, it has a nice ring to it.”
“Thank you, not sure what that means though. So Kimberly spit it out, what are you running from?”
“Running from?”
“Everyone is running from something, looking for some kind of escape, what are you running from?”
After exhaling a deep breath she looks up and says, “Love, if that makes any sense.”
 I don’t know how she does that like her body has a switch and at this exact moment I can’t see that spark in her eyes anymore like sadness has taken over.
“I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to make you sad.”
“Oh don’t be silly, I have to do a lot of explaining to do  when I get home might as well start somewhere. Richard will you be my practise run for the grand finale.”
“Haha, I would love to.”
“As they say no awesome story was ever written on an empty stomach and I am starving right now so let’s eat first.”
“That is a first, haven’t heard that one. Who are you quoting?”
“You haven’t? yeah I am sure because it is said by the ever so charming Kimberly now lets go”
This airport for obvious reasons has not a lot of places to choose from there is this one bar that you can eat in and no surprises it is empty. The bar is well lit with the sunlight seeping in from all directions and the view of the runway surrounded by the beach just makes it so perfect. We both agree that we have ordered way too many dishes, but I don’t mind that just means we will stay here longer.
“So what is your story?”
“My story, if you are hoping for some big reveal then  there isn’t one. I am from California, at least that is where my family is, I left home four years ago and started travelling and teaching kids English, I have been in Scotland for over a year now in this four years I have tried my level best to cut myself off the rest of the world and have successfully managed to do so.”
“Four years ? That is a long time.”
“When I say it out loud it does sound like a long time, but this four years have been the best time of my life, can you imagine going four years without your phone, watching movies, meeting your family? I couldn’t as well, but I survived. It can surprise you how self pleasing writing letters are.”
“I wouldn’t know I haven’t written one ever.”
“We could be pen pals and write letters to each other.”
“I will have to get a rain check on that. I would rather be pals with you, someone who  could just drop by .” okay I know that sounds cheesy, but with her I just speak my mind and yes I know I just met her.
“That sounds like a plan.”
“It is, so after four years what is taking you back?”
“My brother, he is getting married and even though I know if I go back now I will never be allowed to leave, but I cannot miss my brothers wedding.”
The waiter interrupts us and the massive feast that we ordered is in front of us. There is Tomato soup, cheesy fries, grilled sandwich and carrot juice, for her and super massive avocado and chickpeas salad with chicken for me. 
“Let the party begin” saying that she is serving the food and like a creep I can’t stop staring, this has to stop.
“Why did you leave in the first place?”
“Oh now that is the hard part to explain,  I used to work for this PR company and like a weirdo  that I am I fell in love with my boss, before you jump to any conclusions I didn’t tell him about it ever, the  whole one sided love phase was beautiful I worked super hard and did my best to impress him, I was doing really well getting the numbers for the company, this went on for a good one year when one day he came into the office and announced that he is getting married. I was happy at first because I knew he was happy, but it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Soon after I signed my resignation, he did  try to stop me and with all honesty I did want to stay after all this was the company of my dream, but I couldn’t bare the pain. When I got back home I couldn’t stop thinking about him and at that point  leaving felt like a good option. I never planned to stay away from home for so long, but then I enjoyed the whole teaching process and I couldn’t make myself leave.”
Talking about it must be hard for her cause she doesn’t even realise that there are tears rolling out of her eyes.
“God this food is spicy, isn’t it?” saying she wipes the tears off her cheeks.
“It sure is, I can’t say that I know how it feels to love someone and not being loved back, but I am sure it wasn’t easy.”

“It didn’t have to be so hard as well, I could have  joined another company and with time the pain would have healed, but as my dad says people do stupid things in love and this was my stupid. Do I regret it? Not even a little.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w